Monday, May 12, 2008

Inhale Deeply


I just wanted to make a post about one of my favorite things in the world. My lilacs started blooming, and I want to stand next to them inhaling the smell all day. I know lots of things smell good, but this smell fills me up with flashes of good memories and feelings. I would capture and post the smell if I could, but the picture will have to do!

3 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful picture. It makes me feel all warm and cozy. I really wish that I had lilac bushes, I am just not sure my yard is big enough for such a bush. I will jus have to stare at your picture.

Jana said...

I think your yard is big enough, and you could always prune it down. I was lucky the last owner had the good sense to plant some many years ago so I could enjoy them now.

Shellie said...

WOW!!!! That's a gorgeous picture, you could frame it!! And I share your sediment about being able to inhale it all day long, so much that I actually have a lilac yankee candle in my kitchen right now (my bush is only about four and a half feet tall).