Friday, October 3, 2008

(almost) flushed away

Kimi came to me last night while I was still eating dinner (for some reason I am always the last one still sitting at the table eating after everyone else is done) her sleeve was soaked, and she handed me the pieces of her "ruby" ring. "My ring fell way down in the potty and I had to get it out." So my next question inevitably had to be, "Was there anything in the potty?" Of course, she had just peed and the ring was lost in a wiping incident or something. I was actually able to be happy about the whole thing for three reasons. First Scott was over by the sink and since I was still eating I assigned cleaning Kimi and her ring up to him. Second it was so funny that her ruby almost made it to the sewers because of the movie "Flushed Away." If you have seen it you will understand, if you haven't seen it you should. Not only is it darn funny, but you get to hear Hugh Jackman with a lovely British accent and even singing. Sigh. Anyways, the third reason was that instead of yelling for me, or even coming to get me, Kimi reached down into the toilet and fished it out herself. I have to say it was one of her finest moments.

4 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am glad that you didn't have to get the ring out either. I don't know about you, but sticking my hand in peepee water would make me throw up right now. Go Kimi for being independent.

Marcie said...

Ha ha ha!! Oh my!!!!

Sister Christine McCracken said...

Kimi never ceases to amaze me...

Shellie said...

Some things are important enough that even a little peepee can't get in the way. Way to go Kimi.