Tuesday, November 30, 2010

deck the halls

IMG_2610

As if things weren't starting to look Christmas-y enough, we had a bunch of snow dumped on us on Sunday.

It was exciting because inside our house it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas too.

So this year I did something I’ve thought about doing for a long time, and got another Christmas tree to put in the family room where we spend most of our time in the winter.

IMG_2598

IMG_2599

For about the past four years I’ve just put up a matching set of ornaments that I bought for the tree in the living room and not gotten out any of my family ornaments because I just wanted to keep them safe.

BIG MISTAKE!

I pulled out those ornaments to stick on the new tree downstairs and I couldn’t believe how happy it made me to see every one of them.

Those ornaments pack a powerful Christmas memory punch.

IMG_2603 IMG_2600

3 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

So beautiful! I wish I was there helping you put the tree up. And yes, the old ornaments always pack a punch of sweet memories.

Marcie said...

AH! So can I tell you that in the picture on the right, Cali totally looks like a gorgeous teenager?!?! Holy cow!

How fun to have another tree!

Shellie said...

I have to admit, I'm turning into a sentimental softy myself. We had the decorator tree for several years too, but have switched to a more family oriented tree the past few years. I, like yourself, see my life pass before my eyes as we decorate now.

And I echo Marcie's comment about Cali. I too thought she looked very grown up.