This is the face of a girl who has just visited Santa:Yesterday was the last day of school for the girls before the holidays and it was a fun day of holiday sing alongs, seeing Santa, and Christmas parties.
Ian, Natalie, and I got to sit in the audience and hear all the grades sing some Christmas songs. (That’s a picture of the kindergarten. Kimi is on the second row up, on the end, nearest Santa.)
I was trying to keep Natalie and Ian interested, but having kind of a hard time. I was using my point-and-shoot camera to take videos so I let Natalie take some pictures.
When I saw the pictures I had a better idea of why it was so boring to those two.
There is Cali singing with the Second Grade. I went to help out with her Christmas Party afterwards and forgot to take any more pictures of her because I was so busy calling an intense game of BINGO.
The kindergarten followed Santa to the library.
You know on the movie “A Christmas Story” where everyone is herded through the line with Santa as quickly as possible? It was like that except that they even doubled the kids up to make it go twice as fast.
Then in the evening we were off to Great-Grandpa’s house and the annual Christmas party.
I didn’t take my good camera along, and I kicked myself about it.
I believe he has one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen out his back windows.
Here’s a funny story from the first Christmas party I ever went to at this house:
There are about a bazillion aunts, uncles, grandchildren, cousins, and such (give-or-take) at this party, and it was the night after I became engaged to Scott that we went to this party.
In the midst of being greeted and introduced to everyone, I met Scott’s sweet grandmother. Her first words to me were, “Scott just made the worst decision of his life!” and then she gave me a hug.
I was a little taken back until I realized that she meant his decision to enlist in the army that he had made a few weeks before. (She was a war-time bride herself.)
So the final countdown has officially begun, and I am now employed in the business of keeping children, who have reached a fever-pitch of excitement and are hyped-up on sugar, busy.
Got to stop blogging now and get to work.
1 comment:
How much fun! I love Kimi's face, that is one happy smile. Now I can't wait to see the looks on their faces after Santa has stopped by with his bag full of goodies.
I have to tell you I give my point and shoot to Michelle a lot, seeing things from her view is definitely eye-opening. When I give it to Ryker, I mostly get pictures of his eyes (need to teach him to turn the camera around).
Post a Comment