Thursday, February 3, 2011

white dresses

I have a bone to pick with the person who wrote the "Three White Dresses" poem. I think that it was someone hired in a marketing scheme by one of those white clothing companies.

(Okay, so in finding the poem for my hyperlink, I found out it was written by Elder Perry's daughter for her daughter's baptism. I'll concede that her motives were pure.)

My thoughts are this though:

I went to my baptism in a green dress.
One that was already hanging in my closet.
One that could be worn again without fear.
One that didn't cost a small fortune.


Cali's baptism is coming up so I have been shopping around for the obligatory white dress. I thought about trying to sew one myself, but then I realized Cali probably cares about what she looks like.

I just discovered some options on Ebay. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.



1 comment:

Shellie said...

I bought Addi's blessing dress via Ebay. It was exactly what I wanted and cost WAY less than anything I was finding locally. I have to say, good move on your part!