Wednesday, June 15, 2011

what now

P1180012

You can’t see it from the picture, but the ceiling fan is going full speed.

Ian, using his special do-the-unexpected-and-most-damaging-thing skill, pulled the cord that switches this fan on and off right out. No, there is no other switch for the fan. We long ago came to the conclusion that much of our wiring was done by monkeys.

I opened it up to see if there was a simple way to fix the switch. (This is just a fan not a light)

I found this mass of wires and decided to quit while I was ahead. I’ve seen enough movies to know that danger surrounds a jumbled mass of different colored wires.

At least the fan is still working. Albeit, nonstop.

Update: After Scott got home last night he was able to defuse the fan.

1 comment:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Wow! At least there wasn't a timer inside counting down. Or some weird bomb that would go off if the fan slowed down. Guess I have watched too many weird movies myself.