The above picture is what happens when I ask Ian to help me get a picture for my blog.
I love making popcorn treats. Probably because I enjoy eating them. I made bucketsful of caramel corn at Christmas and some of it miraculously made it to our neighbors.
So I am looking for more “kids in the kitchen” type recipe and this one was great.
I would rate the taste good, but not actually magically delicious. (Or maybe it was because it did kind of taste like the marshmallows in Lucky Charms.) The best part about them was making and eating them together.
I got the recipe out of a book I have called: The Magic of Jell-O. I guess that is why Harry Potter was so interested.
Jell-O Popcorn Balls
1/4 cup butter or margarine
6 cups mini marshmallows
1 pkg (4 serving size) Jell-O gelatin, any flavor (berry blue was our choice)
12 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup of unpopped kernels-worth worked great)
1 cup peanuts (optional) (left out by us)
Place butter and marshmallows in large microwavable bowl. Cook in microwave on High for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed.
Add dry gelatin; stir until well blended.
Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn (and peanuts if you use them.)
Stir quickly to coat.
Shape into balls. (coat hands with cooking spray first to make it a lot less messy.)
Makes about 36 popcorn balls (I don’t think we got that many, don’t know if we made ours too big, or if it was because not all of the gooey popcorn made it that far. . . )
Enjoy!
1 comment:
I found your blog! Soooo cute!
Post a Comment