Monday, February 13, 2012

healthified oatmeal banana bread

IMG_6195

This is one of those recipes that I use all the time.  I love this stuff.

I got the original recipe from myrecipes.com, but I made a few small changes.

Oatmeal Banana Bread

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup applesauce

2 tbsp. canola oil

2 large eggs

1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)

1 cup regular oats

1/2 cup skim milk

1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups whole wheat flour (from white wheat)

1 tbsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

 

Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 9x5 loaf pan or 3, 5 3/4 x 3 inch pans.

Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed. Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk.  Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist.  Spoon batter into the prepared pan.

Bake 9x5” loaf for 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Bake 5 3/4 by 3” pans for 35 minutes.

Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.  Cool completely on wire rack.

Enjoy!

No comments: