Here is one more allergy alert for Cali: cats.
She went to play at the neighbors house with their cats and they sent her home because she couldn't stop sneezing. She got home and her face was all red and her eye was swelling shut. I gave her benadryl and hurried her upstairs to the tub. I took the pictures to show Scott what she looked like when he got home, but her eye stayed swollen for about a day anyway.
Here is Cali just before I got her dunked in the tub. It had been about a minute since she walked in, but by this time her face, neck, and shoulders were breaking out with hives. Too bad finding out about Cali's allergies have been such fun filled experiences for her. She drew an interesting account in her journal with a picture of her running from a cat with her hands over her mouth.
5 comments:
Oh no! The poor girl. I've never heard of anyone reacting that severely to cats!
I think you need to take her to an allergist, I am not sure I would like finding out about any more allergies this way. This is pretty scary. Well, I guess I won't ever get a cat then, I really like having her around . . . and breathing at the same time. Get better Cali.
Ok so the first thing Elizabeth and I thought when we saw this picture was Hitch. If you haven't seen the movie you need to watch it. Tell Cali I'm sorry. Looks like cats are out at my house too.
poor thing hope she isn't afraid to go to anyone house now.
Oh, Cali, I feel your pain. I spent many days soaking in a baking soda bath when I went to visit Diane until we learned of my allergy.
Post a Comment