Unbelievably to me, we had another experience like last year. I thought I had all my bases covered so she would get on the bus and make it home. It all worked out up until the getting off at the right stop. The bus driver was new and stopped a few houses before the bus stop so Cali waited. I watched the bus stop and then leave with no Cali is sight. "You've got to be kidding me." was all I could think.
I raced to the phone to start making calls, and between calls to the school (where I got no answer) the phone rang.
"Is this Jana Colton? I have your daughter here."
It was happening again.
Cali had gotten off at the next stop which is across a busy road in the parking lot of Walmart. Unable to cross the street on her own, she broke down and cried, and some nice strangers found her and called me. Thank heavens for those nice strangers because I have nightmares of what would have happened if some not nice strangers had been around. By this time Scott was home and raced to bring home our sobbing Cali.
So I had covered all the bases except getting off the bus anywhere the bus stops on our street. We just keep getting curve-balls thrown at us. Scott made the same calls I made last year to the school and transportation, and we have told Cali to talk to the bus driver if she misses her stop.
Here's hoping that we have no more experiences like this.
3 comments:
Again you write a story I will add to my chronicles of why I am not sending Michelle to public preschool, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. I am just thankful that Cali knew your name and didn't just say the "the black lady" and that she knew your phone number and that there were nice strangers there. I will pray that they may be eternally blessed for saving Cali.
As I mentioned in my last comment, I had hoped that nothing like this had happened again, aarghh. Cali may have a little more reservation going to the first day of the school next year knowing that she will not make it home.
Cali seems to have the worst luck with school buses. But I agree with Elizabeth, Cali is much better than me about knowing her parents names and phone number. The "black lady" just didn't cut it. good thing I never got more lost than just a couple aisles over in the Savings Center.
Post a Comment