Tuesday, September 29, 2009

lost in translation

We get our movies from the library. I let Cali and Kimi pick out some for themselves and they inevitably end up with something anime. You know, the big eyed Japanese animation?

This week the movie they picked had a very interesting theme song that I just wanted to share the lyrics to.

This is the actual translation (the song is sung in Japanese) from the subtitles:

One, two, three, Fight!

Laughter on your face suits you best afterall.

pa, pa, pa, panyo, panyo, pa
So let's eat the lucky cookie together

When you're in trouble, talk to me
a little about anything

pa, pa, pa, panyo, panyo, pa
I can be of help to you

Even if we fight or cry
we get hungry during lunchbreak

Always happy, smile, hello
I love delicious things

I shoot what I dislike with lasers from
my eyes to make it explode

You see?
Happy, smile, hello, there's a picnic every day

There's a lot of happiness in a pocket
let's play forever

Immediately, happy, smile, hello
everyday is Sunday

Stumbling once in a while is no problem
Fight!

No matter how far you need to go
mi, fa, so, la, ti, do, re

Thanks!

4 comments:

Tiff said...

lost in translation or on crack...

Sister Christine McCracken said...

what's with some of that subliminal messaging? "i shoot things I dislike with lasers from my eyes"? cool...

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am not so sure what I am supposed to think about this. Note to self, "Do NOT let Michelle pick out wacky anime movies at the library."

Shellie said...

I've always believed that the most briliant minds have no people/social skill. Case in point.