Tuesday, January 26, 2010

some things shouldn't work in reverse

A few minutes ago, I heard a big truck running outside and knew there was some work going on somewhere.

Then I heard our toilet downstairs burp.

I looked outside and saw a truck from the water company.

Then I heard the toilet throw up.

I ran downstairs to see if water was everywhere, but luckily the lid had been closed so it had all been contained.

Phew.

The truck just left.

I am happy about that.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh my gosh! Why did it do that?
That would have scared me to death!

Sister Christine McCracken said...

Burping toilets...hmm...sounds like the premise for a crazy sci-fi movie...

If it had overflowed, I would have walked outside and said"Dude...you are so cleaning this up."

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that is really very yucky. Lesson I learn reading this post is to always put the lid down on the toilet. You never know when it will get the stomach flu.

Shellie said...

This entry could be like one of those little paragraphs that some people in front of the main chapter. Keep that in mind when you write your book(s).