Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
The kids got to eat a traditional Irish breakfast of Lucky Charms and green muffins. I'm sure that Lucky Charms are a staple food in the Irish diet.
The corned beef and cabbage are simmering away and the soda bread is next up, but I made a minor oversight.
I forgot to make sure they had something green to wear. After going through all of Cali's clothes we found some green on one shirt and some green ribbons for her hair. I will really need to make sure I take care of this next year with two girls in school because elementary school can be nothing but a giant pinch-fest on St. Patrick's Day.
Enjoy the day!
4 comments:
I had to do laundry this when I realized that the only green thing Ryker has was dirty. Next year I plan to shop ahead and have something set aside.
I didn't get to wear green either! I realized this morning that none of my work clothes have green...so I cut out a shamrock and taped it to my shirt...a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.
Jana, you are the best mom ever! Can you email us all a list of what you plan to cook every week? I totally forgot that today was St. Patrick's Day until I got to the Pediatric office this morning for Addi's 12 month check-up. The receptionist had a shamrock taped to her shoulder and I was confused by this, until I made the connection. Needless to say, I didn't mention it to Ella for fear of letting her down.
Alan got up and made green pancakes for the kids they thought it was great I like the idea of green muffins hadn't thought of that.
Post a Comment