Friday, June 25, 2010

making withdrawals

Scott and I have an imaginary bank account for each child where we say that they make deposits and withdrawals with their behavior.

They all manage to stay largely in the black because, what can I say, my kids are awesome.

This is an example of a deposit being made:
BUT, Natalie has also lately learned how to make some withdrawals.

She has began to SCREECH through every meal.

At first it was just when she wasn't getting what she wanted fast enough, but now it is just her habit to do it as long as she is sitting in her high chair. Even if she is putting food in her mouth and looks perfectly happy. (That is one reason why we loved her singing and sleeping in her high chair so much on Sunday. Truly a day of rest.)

It is driving me BONKERS.

I'm hoping that this phase ends soon.

But not this one:

She must know that she's put enough in her imaginary account that she could screech for a whole year, and not go bankrupt.

C'mon, Natalie, let's keep it saved up for a rainy day, like when you are a teenager.

2 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I love it! But I am pretty sure if you were to ask Mom and Dad my imaginary bank account is definitely in the red and has been since, uhm, forever. So lets my hope kids make up and for all my withdrawals as a kid.

Jana said...

I think we all hope that the grandchildren are paying back the major debts incurred while growing up.