The best thing I have to report about the first two days of “shcool” for Cali is that there is nothing to report. I picked Cali up on the first day. She rode the bus home successfully on the second. We have broken the curse.
I couldn’t stop giggling while I took a picture of the banner Cali made for our celebration so she knew something was up and did a little spell check. Who put that “h” in school anyways?
I have realized that it is not holidays that I love, it is traditions. Since this realization I have also realized that traditions can happen anytime. I love finding things to celebrate (especially with food) and when I saw someone else’s idea for a “first day feast,” and knew we had a new tradition to set.
I got out a set of glass dinnerware that I got as a wedding present and just found. The kids were amazed at such finery. Then I really took it to the next level with my flannel backed tablecloth. Real five-star dining, I tell ya.
Since Harry Potter was in attendance, we had to get out the sorting hat. He is whispering “Not Slytherin, Not Slytherin.”
He kept going until I finally yelled out, “Gryffindor!”
Just wanted to finish up this post with a picture of our Nat in the Hat.
4 comments:
THE CURSE IS BROKEN! Yeaahhh! :) I love your tiny Harry Potter. Too bad the house elves probably didn't make dinner.. ;)
Has anyone told Harry his glasses are missing an arm? Time to get Hermione to come and use the Reparo charm...just sayin...
I know, Christine. Those glasses are very well loved and have to hold on until I find something that can replace them.
This is awesome! One problem with homeschool is, I am not sure how we are supposed to the celebrate the first day of "shcool". Something I will have to figure out, I like any reason to have a feast.
Your little Nat in the Hat is adorable by the way.
Post a Comment