Tuesday, September 28, 2010

summertime wrap-up

There are not enough hours in the day and now the days are getting shorter.

This lack of hours has made it impossible to blog everything I compose in my head, and when I was recently cleaning off my memory cards I found a bunch of stray pictures I just wanted to post so that they will be here in my family archives.

IMG_0689

A bucket of sidewalk chalk is one of our best investments each summer.

IMG_0666

Ian named it Mrs. Potato Bug.

IMG_0816

IMG_0859

The tiny wading pool. Another good investment.

IMG_0900

Scott took the kids for a walk and came home like this. I thought it was funny, but then Kimi went downstairs and slept for the rest of the day and woke up with a fever. She wasn’t kidding that she felt too tired.

IMG_0972

A trip downtown for lunch with Daddy.

IMG_1161

Ian came in and told me, “I need a cup!” He filled it with water and ran back out. I followed with a camera. He ran up to Kimi, and threw it as she walked forward and. . . it missed her. There was a little disappointment from him, but he was undaunted and chased her around for the next fifteen minutes trying again and again.

IMG_1168

He should probably think twice about that next time.

IMG_1171

IMG_1186

Natalie loves to take care of her babies, and is ready to babysit for anyone.

Just look at her in action:

IMG_1194 IMG_1195

Just give me a call whenever you want her to come over!

4 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What an awesome summer! I love the random excitement life can throw at us. Those are truly the best days. Oh and I will take Natalie's help any day. You know in the near future I am going to need it. I was just tell myself that the last picture was her catching the baby as it rolled off and she stealthly broke the fall.

Sister Christine McCracken said...

I miss the days of summer fun and feeling like it went forever. They definitely lived it up this year!

Shellie said...

What fabulous summer fun! And you are living up to your blog's title, the small and simple things often bring us the greatest joy. Way to go on bringing your children joy.

Marcie said...

Hahahaha oh my gosh. I love the Kimi-Ian events. And you caught them on camera SO well! Way to go!