Friday, October 1, 2010

quick trip

Last weekend I loaded the kids up in the minivan and we traveled up north to spend the weekend with some people we love.

IMG_1833

I can see that I need to work on my poses for self-portraits.

In my defense though, I had just finished a pancake in that picture and a 5K.

IMG_1723

Christine was there to take my pictures and cheer me on. I did my best ever and I’m sure that’s why.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. . .

The kids were having a good time enjoying the fall harvest.

I’ll be posting a couple apple recipes soon, but the kids like to eat them bobbing in a wheelbarrow.

IMG_1688IMG_1682

IMG_1684

IMG_1690

The kids think that Grandma and Grandpa are farmers.

I just thought it was funny that Mom and Dad thought the garden was such a loss this year and I got so much yummy stuff to come home with.

IMG_1867

IMG_1861

It was a fun little getaway for all of us.

3 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What!?! I totally missed out!So proud of you. I will have to say some little birdie told me that you not only had your best time, but that you came in 4th! Woot WOOT!

Oh and those apples do look delicious!

Angela said...

It was so good to see you and the kids they had a blast playing with each other.

Sister Christine McCracken said...

It was totally because I screamed my head off and made people stare. Apparently at these things you're not supposed to cheer like you're at the superbowl? Oh well! It was still an awesome weekend!