Saturday, November 6, 2010

murphy's law

Murphy's Law does apply here.

I've thought before about chronicling how Murphy's Law (whatever can go wrong, will) applies in my life.

Last night as Kimi and Ian kept throwing up every 45 minutes on different schedules, I had more time to think about it.

Here are the few that came into affect last night:
  • If the washing machine starts to have some troubles, something must happen to multiply dirty laundry tenfold (throw up and bedding don't mix well)
  • Childhood illnesses will appear or worsen on Friday evening when there is no hope of seeing the pediatrician for days.
  • Commenting out loud about how the kids all seem to be pretty healthy is foolish
  • Commenting out loud about going to bed early to get a good night's sleep is foolish
If history is any prediction, I think that the subject of this post will become a recurring theme.

(Oh, and check out who the cartoonist was on the cartoon. I had to pick that one because of it.)

4 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Yes, Murphy reigns supreme in our life too.

Oh, and I recognized the artist first off. Wow, we are famous!

Angela said...

I hope the others don't take turns so that you might get a couple hrs of sleep.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry your kids were sick! I hope they are feeling better and that no one else is catching what they had! Major bummer!!!

Shellie said...

Aahhh yes, I too abide by Murphy's Law. And I have decided that Murphy must have been a mom.

I'm glad to hear that all effected are starting to recover. I hope the washing machine is recovering as well.