Thursday, March 17, 2011

baptism day

 DSC_0205

Last Saturday was the day that we have been anticipating for so long.

Cali is now an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

We had some sick kids, a lot of family that couldn’t come, and other obstacles, but I just like to believe that Cali is such a special daughter of Heavenly Father that Satan will always be trying to throw a monkey wrench in things for her. Sometimes I wonder at the fact that Heavenly Father trusts me to be her mother.

DSC_0208 (1) 

We were glad for all the family that was able to be there. I even forgot my camera, but Angela saved the day with hers and got the photos at the baptism for us.

IMG_3845

IMG_3848

It was a whirlwind day, but a very special one. I love this girl and I know Heavenly Father does too.

4 comments:

Sister Christine McCracken said...

It was an awesome day! I'm so glad I got to be there and even help her get ready. I'm hoping I get to see a lot more happy baptisms and wonderful days like that in the near future.

Oh and the food....AMAZING!!!

Angela said...

We were So excited to be there Thanks for inviting us. (I'm Happy that I could help out with the pictures)

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am so sad we missed it, but so glad Angela had her camera so we can see pictures! I agree, Cali is an amazing girl and her Heavenly Father does love her very much.

Shellie said...

You are an amazing example, not only to your brother and sisters, but to your cousins too. We thought of you all day, congratulations on your decision to be baptised.

And Jana, don't cut yourself short. I've always looked up to you (in both figures of speech : ).