Monday, April 4, 2011

FOUR!

  IMG_3865

This little monkey turned four yesterday.

These are the faces I get when I ask him to smile for the camera.

IMG_3873

IMG_3869

IMG_3897

I took these pictures on Friday when we were enjoying the mid-70 weather.

For his birthday, we woke up to snow.

IMG_3963

Since it was conference Sunday we got to all be home and have a lazy morning.

Perfect!

Kimi helped me make birthday muffins.

We discovered that Ian has a hard time blowing out candles.

IMG_3964

IMG_3965

IMG_3966

It went out in the end.

IMG_3974 IMG_3951

He also took advantage of not for the evening when Daddy usually gets home to open all his presents.

IMG_3977

IMG_3971

His comments while unwrapping were the best part for me.

Upon unwrapping a frisbee:

“A Frisbee! If I ever get a dog I’m going to name him Chewy!”

He’s been wearing a little plaid fishing hat to be Indiana Jones lately so I was excited to buy him a “real” Indy hat.

Upon unwrapping his hat:

“Now I have two Indiana Jones hats!”

IMG_3982

IMG_3984

It was also a perfect day for a birthday because we got to go spend lots of time at Grandma and Grandpa C.’s house.

When Ian went to give his Great Grandpa a hug he did his limp noodle pose, which is hard to hug, believe me.

Then Ian said, “That was a great hug.”

IMG_3991 

The cake had a few more than four candles on it so I think he may have been getting nervous.

Luckily, he had two aunts with April birthdays to help him out.

IMG_4004 IMG_4005

IMG_4006 IMG_4007

I forgot to actually take the picture while he was blowing out the candles, so we did a little re-enactment.

If sheer will could just put out the fire, it would have gone right out.

IMG_3868 

So that’s the story of Ian turning four.

I declare that he may now stop growing up, because I want to keep this little boy forever.

3 comments:

Sister Christine McCracken said...

Well with two Indiana Jones hats he is set! Then again Indy never does lose his one hat...so maybe Ian will retire the old one.

Shellie said...

I love how his mind went from frisbee to dog to Star Wars. Love little boys! Happy birthday Ian!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I hope he brings his hat when you come to visit, just don't bring any giant boulders too. I wish I could have been there to help blow out candles, but adding all my candles...well, we all would have passed out. And when you figure out how to keep them from getting any older, please share. I want my little ones to stay little forever.