This is a post I’ve been meaning to make for a few months now.
Cali has talent in many areas, and she love art. Her skills paid off recently in a poster contest where she won a for her age group and our family got to go to a lunch and awards ceremony to honor the winners.
The same week she entered a coloring contest where she won A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF ICE CREAM.
Really she won twelve coupons for ice cream, but a “year’s supply” sounds so much cooler. I would have liked to explain to them that 52 coupons is more realistic for our family, but I didn’t want to embarrass her.
Here’s the family enjoying a picnic in 30 degree weather thanks to our little artiste. They planted a tree in her name with a little plaque, but it started snowing hard, so we just ran for the car.
Cali also finished up Spring soccer. It went into a few makeup games because of rained-out and snowed-out games.
I would have taken a picture of her with her “Most Valuable Player” trophy, but it would have been more meaningful if I could have gotten the whole team together with each of them holding their “Most Valuable Player” trophies.
And Cali finished up the school year with a few more awards for scholastics at her school’s awards assembly.
I think her favorite award will always be the ice cream.
3 comments:
Awesome job Cali! And yes, 52 ice cream coupons is slightly more accurate for anyone I know. I can't wait to come her tree.
Now just keep entering her in contests and maybe she'll win a house for your retirement someday!
Congrats Cali! You are so talented!
Post a Comment