Sunday, October 30, 2011

national candy corn day

300px-Candy-Corn

Happy National Candy Corn Day!

I bet you have all been counting down to this day. Or maybe not.

Seems like people either love or hate this tri-colored confection.

I grew up thinking it was only useful for breaking off the white tips and sticking them on my teeth as fangs.

Alas, I have developed a fondness for this stuff and am munching on some as I write. (It is a holiday after all.)

Go to this article if you want to read some more fun facts, or watch a funny video about this misunderstood candy.  Like this quote from Erin Zimmer at Serious Eats:

“If you drank a bottle of Karo Syrup and ate a candle, that’s what candy corn would taste like.”

So which camp do you fall in? Love or hate?

(Don’t worry, we can still be friends if you don’t like it.)