This is one of my very favorite recipes, and one of my favorite cookies. It is probably also one of the healthiest cookie recipes I have.
I originally got this recipe off of my sister-in-law, Tiffany’s, blog a few years ago. We’ve tried variations of this recipe with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, and cream cheese frosting.
I think the chocolate chip is the best combination.
Ian likes sprinkles with some frosting.
pumpkin cookies
(This recipe makes about 3 dozen. It can be doubled or halved successfully. That has come in handy when I am just using up canned pumpkin. If you half it, just use a whole egg.)
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 bag of chocolate chips
Mix first five ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, combine next 6 ingredients.
Mix pumpkin mixture with flour mixture.
Fold in chocolate chips. (or something else, or leave them out and frost the cookies later)
Drop teaspoonful's of the the batter onto greased cookie sheets
Bake 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
1 comment:
I was just thinking about this recipe. Good to know our brains still work on the same wave length.
Post a Comment