Yes, it is definitely a boy or girl, but we are not going to find out which until sometime in September. (The measurements of the baby has now set my due date to about September 24. Two more weeks of pregnancy tacked on. Yipee.)
We have already told people that we are going to let it be a surprise, and believe me, that was probably what kept me from giving in and finding out yesterday during my ultrasound. It took about all my will power.
The one reason I would like to find out is that I get pretty caught up in picking names and it would be nice to cut the field of possibilities down by 50%. Or we could just pick a name and use it no matter which it is. Scott and I once knew a girl named Brandon. :)
But I don’t usually get true surprises. (I usually have all my Christmas and Birthday presents figured out by the time I get to open them.) So this is one of those times that we would like to have a real surprise.
The kids vacillate on their guesses. Ian, whom I thought would be a sure voter for boy says he would like a sister. That way he keeps his own room and toys. He’s given this more thought that I credited.
So you guys can go ahead and guess, and we will see who is right.
4 comments:
Haha I love Ian's logic! I think I'm going to have to vote with him.. I think baby is a girl!
Tay thinks girl too but I have to say I think boy...we are so so excited for you though and I want to see pics of your belly :) We miss you all!
Exciting! So many of us are having or had babies this year. I guess boy because that is what I know. I am impressed that you are keeping it a surprise. I don't know if I could do that or talk my husband into that either.
Just because all the little girls in nursery are seem the be having little brothers except a few, but right now little boys seem to be prominent in the ward this year Im say boy! Sorry Ian! Boy our ward nurse is really having the baby blues!
Post a Comment