Let me start with the stomach bug. The kids are all acting fine except for the fact that some things are just running a little too smoothly with them. All over the place. And someone threw up in Cali's bed Sunday night, but she is still not sure that she did it because she knows she was sleeping. This problem kept Ian awake on Saturday night because it was compounded with a diaper rash that made it so he could barely walk around. Fun, to be sure. I kept him home from nursery and took him to Sacrament meeting because I look forward to the Christmas program all year. He fell asleep on my lap and my leg fell asleep with him. The meeting ended and even though I stayed chatting with some people around me for a while he was still dead to the world so I tried to stand up holding him. My dead leg apparently needs feeling in order to work because it rolled my foot under and something snapped.
On to the ankle. The kind people all around me jumped to my aid. They fetched ice from the kitchen and my husband from his office. I was just relieved when I finally stood up that I could hobble away because when I broke my leg years back, it wouldn't support any weight. Thankfully it is quickly been getting less swollen and painful everyday and I have even been able to keep working out on it. It was either quit working out or quit fudging (literally) on my no treats rule. You could have guessed which one I would pick.
I post this next picture for my sisters because we have a morbid fascination with awesome bruising. I still regret that I never photographed my broken leg. (Just ignore the fact that I need to paint my toenails and my spotty white legs.) I wish you could see it in person because my ankle has disappeared and my foot is green.
One more thing: ONLY THREE MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
3 comments:
Congratulations Jana! You have one weirdest bruise award for the year!
Sorry about the stomach flu, I hope everyone is feeling better by Christmas.
That's a great story! You twisted your ankle during church because your son fell asleep. hahahaha
You forgot that you have a cousin who morbidly appreciates bruises too! Haha! Wow that's definitely a winner, too. Ouchie! :(
Post a Comment