I am thankful that even after a rough night Natalie will still greet me with one of her big smiles that she gives me every morning.

(This picture is about a second late, so just imagine her face even more squished up in a smile.)
This should have been done about 8 months ago, I know.
I had a load of excuses, but they finally wore thin.
Monday night involved a lot of crying, and what sounded like cursing in baby language.
She had forgiven me by the morning.
I'm telling myself it was a fluke, but hope springs eternal. We'll see what happens tonight.
4 comments:
Good luck. I hope she sleeps all night again.
She is how many months ahead of Ryker. I gave up the night feedings oh so long ago, but way too frequently I still wake up to hear him use those curses in baby language. I just lay in my bed and hope that he will remember how good it was to be asleep a second ago and fall back to sleep. Someday I will again see the back of my eyelids, sigh.
I love her smirk, it makes me think that she is thinking "I made a mess in my diaper, and that is your punishment for abandoning me last night. Enjoy."
This is amazing! Addi slept through the night for the first time Sunday night! Well, when I say slept through the night, I mean she only got up for one feeding instead of two. But I'll take a solid 5 hours of sleep! I'm proud of you for taking the plunge and weaning that final feeding. I hope we are ready for that within the next month or so.
Post a Comment