SO to begin with Ian's birthday: He started the day with our traditional birthday pop-tart. Ian is the one in who remembers we must have pop-tarts on birthdays so we made his extra special with a candle.
Since it was Saturday and everyone was home we got to open presents first-thing after breakfast. This was a good plan for a three-year-old. (Cali and Kimi had helped me decorate the night before so we could surprise him in the morning.)
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Alan showed up right after lunch with a super awesome present. Now Ian doesn't have to ride around on pink wheels anymore. He is very relieved.
Ian is obsessed with two things: STAR WARS, and Lego Indiana Jones. He wanted a Lego Indiana Jones Cake and this is what I came up with.
I kept those little cake toppers I made and am thinking of sticking them in other foods, like broccoli.
Ian is definitely growing up ! He is a non-stop talker now. He loves to sing, (star wars and indiana jones themesongs mostly) play with his "guys," read stories, and be really goofy. I asked him what his favorite food is and he said, "treats!" He also loves to tell everyone (including the greeters at Walmart) that he is THREE!
2 comments:
There is a whole new freedom that children find at the age of 3. I don't know what it is, but they really start coming into their own.
Happy Birthday Ian!
Happy Birthday Ian! Three years olds are awesome! Love the tradition of pop tarts on birthdays. I will have to start that one (especially since my birthday is next.) And I love the cake toppers. Seriously Jana, you are a super-mom.
Post a Comment