Saturday, May 29, 2010

foraging

As soon as I start making dinner, Natalie wants to eat, NOW.

I can try to start dinner earlier, but its not the time that matters. Her hunger is signaled by the sound of me working in the kitchen.

A few nights ago she was rustling around in the pantry closet as I was making dinner, and I heard the "whoosh" of something being poured onto the ground.
It really is too bad you can't hear the "mmm" noises she was making or get the affect of how proud she seemed to be about feeding herself.

Since the picture also showed her usually scraggly-hairdo, (please, grow hair!) and adds to her poor neglected child look, I thought I would put in another photo that shows her cute little pigtails she wears sometimes.


It involves a wrestling hold and a lot of jelly beans bribes though, so it's not an every day occurance.


1 comment:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

The pantry is where I often find all three of my kids (yes, Tory is included when I count how many kids I have, hehehe). That is usually the signal that we better get something on the table before they find the hidden stors of candy and chocolate.