Tuesday, March 15, 2011

going green

IMG_0718

This is a recipe that I posted a while ago on Something New Something Yummy.

I wish I would have got this post up yesterday because it was pi day (3.14).

But, it’s not too late for St. Patrick’s day.

This is quick, easy, and not too bad for you. That’s my favorite kind of dessert.

5 minute Key Lime Pie

recipe from Keebler Ready Crusts

1/4 cup water

1 package (4 serving size) sugar-free lime gelatin

2 containers (6 oz) fat-free key lime pie yogurt

1 tub (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat Cool Whip, thawed

1 graham cracker crust, reduced fat

1. In a microwave-safe measuring cup heat water on high for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Whisk in gelatin until dissolved.

2. In a large bowl whisk together gelatin mixture and yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.

3 Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.

Yeild: 8 servings

2 comments:

Shellie said...

This looks delish! I have been raiding the web looking for St. Patrick's Day desserts, and I think this one is perfect for my family. Now I just need for find a good kids snack, I'm the snack Mom for preschool for St. P's Day.

Sister Christine McCracken said...

I ate pie on pi day!!! Well actually it was cheesecake. But I think it counts! And I even went and got a St Paddy's tee to be festive tomorrow! Best week EVER! haha