“There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The baby Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection.” President Gordon B. Hinckley, Christmas Message Dec. 2000So my goal this year is to make Easter just as important to my family as Christmas. I found so many great ideas that i just had to share them.
Last year, on the day before Easter, I saw recipes for resurrection rolls. Of course, I had discovered the idea too late, but filed it away for this year. Easter has a way of catching me by surprise. It's late date this year has given me the time that my absent-mindness needed.
In searching for a recipe this year, I found a wealth of ideas for making Easter a much bigger celebration with your family, right up there with Christmas. But luckily without so much of the commercialization.
We just started our countdown last night, and I thought I could take pictures of what we do and then blog about it after Easter, but then it would be to late if any of you wanted to try any of these things this year.
Besides the resurrection rolls, here are some other great finds:
1.First, the April 2011 Friend has a countdown of the week leading up to the resurrection that I am basing my countdown off of.
2.I really enjoyed this article from LDS living. I've tried to incorporate some of it's ideas too.
3.Finally, this blog I just found is TOTALLY AWESOME. I can only hope to be like the mom on that blog someday. She has a TON of ideas to make Easter special. It's one of my new favorite sites.
So that's it for now. I may post again after Easter to tell how it all played out and to help me make plans for next year.
1 comment:
Okay, you are totally amazing! I am just happy that I have a dress for Michelle. But I am totally going to put this on my calendar for next year.
Post a Comment