I love Easter.
I have a definite weakness for peeps and jelly beans.
My kids seem to be following in my footsteps.
But Easter became more special and meaningful for us this year.
Like I talked about in a previous post, we did more to celebrate Easter this year.
Every night for the week leading up to Easter, we had one of the kids open the egg for that night. Inside the egg was a paper with the references for the scriptures of that day.
The scriptures were about Christ’s last week leading up to the Resurrection. I have to admit I learned a lot about the chronology.
And we really did have a special spirit in our home as we focused so much on Christ.
Also, every night we would hang up pictures from the gospel art kit about the scriptures we read.
On Easter morning, before going to hunt for eggs that the Easter bunny left, we had breakfast and read the last scripture about Easter morning and hung the final picture up.
I still haven’t brought myself to take it all down yet.
2 comments:
This Easter was better, it just was so much more than candy and bunnies. Next year I think I will follow your example and focus on Christ and his gift.
That is an amazing tradition! You set the best example for your children.
Post a Comment