I know I didn’t get the best picture, but I had to snap one before there was nothing to take pictures of anymore. This is one of my favorite things to eat, but this is also not one of my healthy recipes so it doesn’t get to come out of my recipe files more than once a year.
This is just a great doctored cake mix recipe that is moist and yummy. I love pumpkin, and have a few more of my favorite pumpkin recipes to share.
This is also my favorite recipe for cream cheese frosting, which, as I have stated before, could probably get me to eat a brick if it was slathered on.
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
1 package Yellow cake mix
1 package (4 serving size) vanilla pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cloves
(You can substitute 1 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and cloves, but it does make the flavor slightly different. I prefer it because I like nutmeg.)
Preheat oven to 350
Beat all ingredients together in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moist, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently.
Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
Pour into a greased pan.
Bake 9x13 for 30-35 minutes or a Bundt pan for 50-55 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.
Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting when completely cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (butter is better)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
Add sugar, gradually beating until well blended after each addition.
(The frosting is soft when warm, and easier to spread, but sets up in the fridge.)
1 comment:
Hum, yum. Enough said.
Post a Comment