Tuesday, November 22, 2011

easy pumpkin cheesecake

IMG_5691

If you are looking for a simple and tasty Thanksgiving dessert, here is one to try.

I followed the recipe except for two things. I made my own crust because I didn’t want to go buy a crust, and I accidently baked the cheesecake for 20 minutes longer than I was supposed to. 

I burned two batches of cookies that way this week too. I need to start setting timers, even if someone is taking a nap.

Anyways, even with the extra oven time it still seemed to be perfect, and disappeared very quickly.

I got this recipe from the Kraft website. Go here for the original.

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 Pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese softened (I used reduced fat)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Dash of ground cloves

Dash of ground nutmeg

1 graham cracker crust

 

Preheat oven to 325. Beat cream cheese sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on a medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.

Remove one cup of batter. Stir in pumpkin and spices.

Pour remaining batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.

Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

Top with some whipped cream and enjoy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

That looks so good.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Uhm two of my favorite things, cheesecake and pumpkin. Can life get any better?