Thursday, December 31, 2009
Ten for 2010
I love going outside in the morning when everything is so still and fresh. I went out this morning to shovel after I finished working out so I could get it done before the kids were out of bed. It was beautiful.
New Year's eve is going the be spent quietly here at home. I actually can't remember if I have stayed up to see the new year since I started having kids. I see enough of the middle of the night all year and not enough of my comfy bed.
So I decided to try to set some goals for the new year. Ten things to accomplish by next December 31.
1. Maintain my weight loss. (It feels good to not say "lose weight.")
2. Read the Book of Mormon again.
3. Run in some kind of organized event. (Let's say 5K for now.)
4. Learn to knit
5. Paint my kitchen
6. Learn to bake really good bread
7. Grow a garden
8. Have a dinner party
9. Bear my testimony (besides in Family Home Evening)
10. Go on a vacation
Some of those things give me the willies as I write them down, I won't tell you which, but you might be able to guess. I am looking forward to this next year and hope that it can be as good as 2009.
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was looking back at 2009 and all that has happened. Boy have we had one wild year. I hope 2010 is just as wild and that you reach every one of these goals.
Okay so my last comment was full of typos and really bad grammar. Waking up before getting on the computer is definitely a good idea. I just wanted to say that you truly inspire, that I haven't made a New Years Resolution in a long time (except the year I was pregnant with Michelle, and the resolution was have a baby. I figured I could handle that one.) So maybe I will follow your inspiring example and make some real resolutions myself.
Just like Buh, I'm trying to come up with my resolutions. But your #10 is on my list as well, for sure! My hope is that we can enjoy that one together. Just as an FYI, you may want to make sure your passport is still valid. . . I have some ideas. : )
Post a Comment