Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cali's lost a tooth


I mean seriously lost.

As in-the dentist took an x-ray to find it and it's just not there- lost.

Cali's had one baby tooth that never grew in on the bottom. She just lost the baby-tooth's neighbor a few month's ago.

That is her showing how wiggly it was. I just forgot about it posting until our trip to the dentist. I probably forgot because it was so traumatic to me to have my first born start losing "baby" teeth.

On a side note, I think the tooth-fairy should post the going rate for teeth somewhere.

Anyways, we found out she is always going to have an odd number of teeth down on her bottom jaw and that will most likely require braces at some point.

I'm glad we got the news now so we can start saving up.

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Ella had her first exam with the dentist this past fall and we got similar news. Ella's top and bottom jaws are the same size, evidently the top is supposed to be just slightly larger. Needless to say, her bite is shifted to one side. At this point there is nothing to do, but in a few years, she will have to have orthodontic work to rectify the problem. Like you said, glad to know to save up now. But also, glas to know now so that we can get the work done early. Having braces as an adult is no fun. :)

Sister Christine McCracken said...

Ha wow...I remember having a MIA tooth. Now I've got an awesome fake one...Maybe Cali can get the skull with the glowing eyes I wanted so bad. It'd be awesome.

I blame our parents for the missing teeth and missized jaws! Because it seems to run down the generations.