She no longer gets anything to drink.
Not that she doesn't try, or that I don't try.
We just haven't been able to convince her to get anything liquid into her mouth and swallow it.
And she does have fun trying.
And since I grew up being able to relate just about everything back to Star Trek, this is the "Data to Guinan"-ish conversation that Natalie and I would have if we were able to actually carry on conversation.
(For those of you who were underprivileged children and have no idea what I'm talking about, watch Star Trek: Generations)
Me: Natalie, would you like to try something new called "milk?"
Natalie lets some dribble into her mouth, shudders, winces, spits it out.
Natalie: Ohhh yess! I hate this! It is revolting!
Me: More?
Natalie: Please!
3 comments:
Now if only you could wear one of those super cool outfits like Guinan and paint Natalie's face a nice gold color. . .
Hopefully she figures out this drinking thing soon. We had to use one of those munchkin straw/sippy cups for Ryker to get the idea. Now he is a sippy-fool.
Did she get her emotion chip recently? I think she did...with all these smiley pictures and all. You'll know for sure when she starts singing "Blue Skies"
I love it! The Data conversation, that is.
It's so funny that little things like getting children to drink something is one of those things that you forget how you did it with previous children. . . What was the trick again?
Post a Comment